Number 43 is constantly striving to exceed customers' expectations in terms of the general hotel experience, whether or not they are able bodied or have disabilities. We aim to provide the highest standards of service to all our guests and encourage this through our company ethos and dedication to maintaining and progressing staffing standards. We look forward to welcoming you to the Number 43 and making your stay and experience with us an enjoyable one.
The hotel building dates back to the early 1890's and therefore there some factors relating to it where there is an ongoing challenge in complying with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 However, where there are no restraints we have been able to make significant additions to Number 43
We aim to inform our guests of facilities that are in place through our web site as well as sending all guests pre arrival email information detailing physical barriers, if you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.
For assistance prior to arrival please contact us either by telephone or email.
We are located on the Promenade at Arnside, right in the very heart of the village within metres of the shops, which include an art gallery, gift shops and a traditional family bakery. The local public houses are The Albion and Ye Olde Fighting Cocks and are again, within easy walking distance.
Arnside Train Station is just over five minutes walk along the promenade and is on a direct line to Manchester airport in one drection with the beautiful Cumbrian Coastline towards Carlisle in the other.
We provide assistance as requested by guests as part of our service policy and are more than happy to do anything possible to enhance our guests experience here at Number 43.
- Parking is situated directly at the front of the building on the Promenade. Number 43 does not have a private car park. The promenade parking is 24 hours and there is no charge.
- All guests should use the main entrance of the hotel located on the Promenade.
- There is a wide entrance area with inner and outer doors which guests are provided keys for.
- If you need assistance with luggage, please telephone or email us prior to your arrival to arrange, or alternatively our staff are on site and more than willing to assist upon arrival.
The entrance pathway measures a distance of 50ft/4.96m. There are 10 steps at the beginning of the pathway which lead to a seating area. There are then a further six steps to the terrace where again there is a seating area. The ground is flagged. All of these steps are measured at a depth of 16cm.
There are three steps of varying depths that lead to the main door. The first measures 20cm. The second, 18cm and the third, 16cm. There are three steps of varying depths that lead up to the main door. The first measures 20cm the second, 18cm and the third, 16cm.
- The lounge area is to the left of the main entrance.
- There are a number of sitting areas in lounge.
- Registration is completed whilst sitting in the lounge, which has tables.
- One of our team will offer assistance on filling in your registration card, if required.
- On check in reception staff are required to note down the information and room number of any disabled guests who require assistance if case of evacuation.
- Directly in front of the main entrance are the stairs to the two floors of bedrooms.
- Due to the age and layout of the building an elevator installation has not been possible.
- There are 17 steps to the first Landing where Suite two and Room three and Room 4 are located.
- There are a further 16 steps up to the third floor where Rooms 5, (twin or double) three and Suite seven are located.
- There is a wooden stair banister on the left of the staircase which runs along all steps.
- The floor covering throughout the hall is tiled. The floor in the lounge area is oak wood and the stairs, landing and bedrooms are all carpeted.
- Please ask for assistance at check in if required.
- A familiarisation tour can be given where required.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- There is bright natural light in the public areas. The hotel lights are on dimmer switches.
- There is signage around the hotel, much of it uses words and diagrams.
- The hotel staircase is carpeted and there is a hand rail all the way up the stairs. Each floor has a landing area.
- There is an honesty bar/lounge area situated on the ground floor to the left of main entrance
- There is a selection of tables and chairs available of varying height.
- Lighting is mainly natural day light (from large bay windows overlooking the Kent Estuary).
- Breakfast is a mixture of self service and table service.
- Menus are available in large print and staff will take you through the menu and choices for the meal.
- Lighting is mainly natural day light, with the option of low and high level lighting. Lighting can be increased at tables if required.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary needs, please advice staff on booking.
- We have tried to colour contrast crockery where possible.
- The flooring in the dining area is a shiny oak wooden floor.
- People with nut allergies should be aware that we do use nuts in the kitchen.
- If you require a laundry service, please speak to one of the team, we can arrange for a local laundry to collect and deliver guest laundry.
- At the front of the Number 43 is a sun terrace area with tables and chairs, this area, as detailed before has some steps to access it, going down. The area to the right is level.
- There is an outside seating area at the rear of the property with tables. It is accessible from the dining room. It leads to a rear gate with access to the main road.
- The first set of steps all measure 16cm in depth.
- There are seven steps in total and the path from door to the gate at the road measures 18m/29ft in total
- There are five bedrooms, spread over 2 floors.
- Mini bar fridges are in each bedroom and can accommodate guest medication, specific requirement food can be stored in the Kitchen fridges
We also offer:
- Long leaded headphone for use with televisions
- None slip bath mats
- All of our bedrooms have natural day light as well as ceiling spotlights, bedside lights.
- The Emergency procedures are clearly written on the back of all the doors.
- The rooms are all non smoking.
- If you require any assistance during your stay please inform any of the team at Number 43
- We have a set evacuation procedure; a member of staff will come to your room and assist with your evacuation either out of the building or to a safe refuge.
- Our staff have regular emergency training which includes disability awareness training.
- Our staff have been trained and are aware of procedures to aid privacy in bedrooms.
- List of equipment hire companies available on request.